Bring a valid Massachusetts ID showing your current address to receive your library card, or fill out the online form and bring your ID when you come to pick up your card.
- The library has books, audio books, magazines and DVDs available for check-out.
- Patrons may borrow a maximum of 10 items per account.
- Patrons may borrow 2 DVDs per account.
If we do not have it on our shelves, chances are we can get it for you through our inter-library loan program, which allows our patrons to have items from another library sent to Nahant for pickup. The wait time is usually 1 or 2 weeks, but varies depending on a few factors.
- Books and Audio Books – two weeks with two renewals (except on items requested by another patron)
- Magazines – one week
- DVDs – one week with one renewal
- TV Shows – two weeks with no renewal
There are three ways to renew your items:
- Log on to your account and renew online.
- Call or email the library.
- Visit the library.
Patrons can return items via the book drop outside the door facing Nahant Road or by coming inside the library.
- Copy Machine
Cost per page (cash only):
- Black and White – 20 cents
- Color – 50 cents
- Office 2010
You may Download to a USB drive.
Scan documents to save to your USB drive or to email.